The Bible Line - December 20, 2011
1) How do you disclose your financials to your congregation? I belong to a church in Bluffton who does not do this and I was wondering if they should (for transparency reasons…).
2) I regularly tithe to my home church that I attend weekly. I recently received an end of year bonus, and I will be tithing out of that as well. Am I Biblically obligated to give the tithe in its entirety to my local church, or can I disperse it to organizations such as Search the Scriptures that could also put the money to good use for the advancement of God’s Kingdom?
3) Where does it say we sin daily or something like that? When we come to know Christ as our Savior God sees us as “clean” and we are we are now called “Saints” are we now still sinners or is it more correct to say that we are ’sinners saved by grace?’
4) I asked Jesus to save me about nine years ago. Is it possible to ask for salvation and not receive it? I read the Bible almost daily and always listen to radio programs such as STS and Swindoll etc. In the OT it talks about God cursing generations. I feel as though maybe I can’t be saved. I don’t have the peace and assurance that I thought I would have. Although I have seen some improvements in my life, I am still struggling with an addiction to pain medication. I get it prescribed by a doctor and I do have pain issues, but I know in my heart that I should not be taking them. I have asked, prayed, begged God to help me get past this addiction, but am still struggling. I appreciate your style, and often feel convicted after listening to you. I heard a message you gave the other day that (I’m paraphrasing) if you life hasn’t changed, you are probably not saved. I want to walk with God, I want to go to Heaven, but I still feel lost. I don’t want to be one of those people who Jesus says “I never knew you”. Can you give me your thoughts?
5) I recently heard a minister preach that a person can be saved, but not be sealed with the Holy Ghost. He went on further to say that if you were not sealed with the Holy Ghost you would miss the rapture and come up in the second resurrection and be judged at the White Throne Judgment according to Matt.25:31-46, and be granted eternal life at this judgment. Can you clarify and straighten out this teaching?
6) When Adam chose to sin, looking on Eve, who was already lost…did he not see the incredible change in her, prior to partaking of the fruit? Would this not have been a great deterrent?
7) What does it mean that the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife as mentioned in 1 Cor. 7:14?
8) In Matt 12:50 it says “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother”. The ‘does the will’ component of this passage indicate a salvation by works?
9) Does the Bible address cremation as an alternate to burial? There is a new Orthodox Church of America mission starting up in Beaufort–could you tell us something about their doctrines, please. I tried to get a definitive view of what they believe from the internet, but wasn’t satisfied with the clarity of what I found there. They seem to infer they are the original/true Christian church?
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.